Just in time for fall!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, plus 2 Tbsp divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or 2 forks) until mixture is crumbly.
- Press evenly into a 9×13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour over warm crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 Tbsp sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine all Streusel topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly with Streusel topping.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Drizzle with caramel topping and let cool.
- Serve cold.