Here is something Evangilique might like!
Angel Hair pasta with Chicken
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- bonless, skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach (remove stems)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Salt the water well, and add pasta.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat.
- Add oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook until the oil sizzles (about 7-10 minutes).
- Add lemon juice, half-and-half, and a ladle of the pasta water to the garlic oil mixture.
- Turn up the heat to medium until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Drain pasta – DO NOT RINSE.
- Add the pasta, zest, and 1/2 c. Parmesan to the cream sauce. Toss for a minute or two. Add chicken and spinach, and toss until well distributed. Top with remaining cheese.
“The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.” ~ David Friedman
Need a tasty side dish for your backyard BBQ today?? How about something healthy AND full of flavor?
What you’ll need:
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese,
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble.
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, cheese, bacon, and onion
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the re wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayo, and lemon juice.
- Combine dressing with salad, mixing well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Serve and Enjoy!