Last night my daughter made the best pork chops! It was a wonderful break from the kitchen for me and the recipe was truly a keeper!
What you’ll need:
- 5 thick pork chops
- Cannola oil
- 3 tbls brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbls unsalted butter
- 3 granny smith apples (tart apples), peeled, cored and sliced.
- Pecans (optional)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Brush chops lightly with oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in hot pan.
- Cook each side 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer to glass baking dish and place in preheated oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes. Time may vary depending on thickness of chops. For thin chops time will be shorter.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add butter to skillet and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until apples are tender.
- Once chops are fully cooked, turn down the heat to 175 degrees.
- Remove chops from oven and top with apples. Place back in oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Once ready to serve, place on plate and top with pecans.