What you’ll need:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (16 cookies)
- 3 (1.75-oz.) Mounds bars, chilled and chopped
- 1 to 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
What to do:
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugars, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients.
- Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in cookies, candy bars, and desired amount of chocolate morsels.
- Chill dough 30 minutes.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2″ apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until barely set.
- Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Courtesy – Southern Living, Oxmoor House JUNE 2007