It is hard to believe that once again the holidays have begun. It is with the truest sincerity that I wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the turkey, stuffing, mash potatoes and gravy. Have fun with family and friends. And always, always remember to be thankful for all the blessing the year has brought.
From my home to yours, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
I made this yesterday and it turned out really well.
Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan, preferably glass.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Blend well.
- Mash bananas until there are no lumps. Beat butter and sugar in separate bowl until light and fluffy. Add milk, cinnamon, vanilla and eggs one at a time while mixing.
- Stir in dry mixture until blended. Fold in chocolate chunks or chips until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Depending on your oven this can take an hour to an hour and a half. If the top starts browning but the inside is still not done, loosely cover with tinfoil and complete cooking process.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.