Here is something Evangilique might like!
Angel Hair pasta with Chicken
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- bonless, skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach (remove stems)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Salt the water well, and add pasta.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat.
- Add oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook until the oil sizzles (about 7-10 minutes).
- Add lemon juice, half-and-half, and a ladle of the pasta water to the garlic oil mixture.
- Turn up the heat to medium until the sauce begins to bubble.
- Drain pasta – DO NOT RINSE.
- Add the pasta, zest, and 1/2 c. Parmesan to the cream sauce. Toss for a minute or two. Add chicken and spinach, and toss until well distributed. Top with remaining cheese.
You know what I’m in the mood for?? Fried chicken!
What you’ll need:
First Bowl ~
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
Second Bowl ~
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups beer or water (may need to add a bit more beer or water if mixture is too thick)
1 quart canola oil
chicken pieces of your choice
Heat oil to 350 degrees for frying. Moisten each piece of chicken with a bit of water before beginning. Then dip each in first bowl (dry mixture). Shake off excess. Dip in second bowl (wet mixture). Dip one more time in first bowl (dry mixture).
Place chicken in hot oil. Be careful as oil with be HOT!
Fry for 15 – 18 minutes or until well golden brown. Remember, smaller pieces will not take as long to cook and larger pieces may take longer! When done, remove from oil and drain on paper towels before serving.