Stuffed Mushrooms make a fantastic appetizer for Turkey Day. This recipe is absolutely scrumptious!
What you’ll need:
- 12 Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound ground beef or ground sausage
- 1 TBS Minced Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/4 Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- (Optional) Mozzarella Cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove and chop mushroom stems.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion, and garlic. Cook until beef is no longer pink; drain.
- Mix in chopped mushroom stems, 1 tablespoon butter, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in cream.
- Dip mushroom caps in 1/4 cup melted butter
- Stuff generously with meat mixture.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- For an extra special treat, take out when there is 10 or so minutes left and top with Mozzarella cheese then place back in oven for remaining 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.