You know what I’m in the mood for?? Fried chicken!
What you’ll need:
First Bowl ~
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp of garlic salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
Second Bowl ~
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups beer or water (may need to add a bit more beer or water if mixture is too thick)
1 quart canola oil
chicken pieces of your choice
Heat oil to 350 degrees for frying. Moisten each piece of chicken with a bit of water before beginning. Then dip each in first bowl (dry mixture). Shake off excess. Dip in second bowl (wet mixture). Dip one more time in first bowl (dry mixture).
Place chicken in hot oil. Be careful as oil with be HOT!
Fry for 15 – 18 minutes or until well golden brown. Remember, smaller pieces will not take as long to cook and larger pieces may take longer! When done, remove from oil and drain on paper towels before serving.
I could eat fried chicken all day.
Oh, me too! I love me some crispy crusted fried chicken!